I’ve heard every excuse in the book as to why it’s not the “right time” to publish, launch, start. And every time one of my clients/friends hands me one of these excuses, I call BS. Your excuses are BS. They’re holding you back. And I’m so over it.
There is no right time to publish a blog post. There is no right time to launch your business. There is no right time to start. You just have to do it. Do it now, do it scared. There seems to be this collective misunderstanding that at some point we have it all figured out and everything looks perfect and that’s the right time to hit publish. WRONG. So, so, so wrong.
— Lauren Ellman (@loeyblog) September 29, 2016
Here is the only checklist you need before hitting publish:
- Check for mistakes. Make sure everything is spelled correctly, check your grammar, make sure what you’re about to post is clean. Of course, you can always go back if you missed something. But it’s a good habit to check your work before posting to go live.
- Add relevant keywords. Understanding SEO is a huge part of successful blogging. My advice is to learn as you go. That’s what I’ve always done. But keeping yourself informed on how this Internet machine works always helps.
- Offer value. This is really the only thing you need to make sure your blog has before hitting publish. Does your ideal client need what you’re offering. Will it educate them, inspire them, benefit them in some way? If the answer is yes, then you’re done. Hit publish and give them what they need.
- Say a prayer. I’m serious. Inject your content with positive vibes and intention. Send it off into cyberspace filled with the intention that it is going to find the people who need it and serve them. Trust that you’ve done all the back-end work of perfecting your voice and understanding your audience that you can hit publish and know your content is working for you.
- Hit publish. You see that little button that says “publish”. Hit it. I promise, it won’t bite.
That’s it. Literally. The thing about online content is that you can always go back in and optimize it. You can update your images when they become outdated. You can learn something new about SEO and go back and fix it. You can always, always go back and make things better. But you can’t go back if you never went forward in the first place. I promise you won’t get it right the first time. Probably not the second time either. It’ll never be perfect. But you can’t get better if you don’t start somewhere.
The world needs your gift. Your ideal audience is waiting to hear from you. Stop holding yourself back and just hit publish. And if you’re struggling with getting out of your own way, I’d love to chat. I’m really, really good and giving clients that extra nudge when they’re stuck inside their own heads. I call it Brand Therapy. You can check out my packages here. A lot of my clients like to send me their content before posting it so I can make sure it’s “ready”. I serve as a security blanket of sorts until they build the confidence they need to do it themselves.
In the meantime, you can always hang out with me on Facebook, because I’m always giving out free tips and content. If you’re into happy, authentic, no BS advice for your life & biz…I think you’re going to like what I’m posting.
CLICK HERE FOR YOUR FREE WORKSHEET DOWNLOAD!